The market is located 3km north of Brinchang town or 3km before Tringkap. Its central feature is a farmers' market along the main road at its summit, adjaent to Copthorne Hotel.
Other local products available at the market include fashion apparel, souvenirs, ornamental plants, packaged food and flowers. Beyond the market, the surroundings give way to farms and residential homes draped across the valley. Some tourist attractions within the vicinity include Rose Center, Ee Feng Gu, Butterfly Garden and Boh Tea (Sungai Palas).
Kea Vegetable Market is also known as the Green Cow of Cameron Highlands. Most of the visitors and tourists come on weekends. Various farmers and traders sell best of their goods and crops from dawn to dusk including greens, strawberries, souvenirs, corn, honey, flowers, and much more. There would be delicious looking bi-colored sweet corns which have various grades and they call them A, B, C grade based and prices are also varied according to it.
As the Kea Farm Market comes nears at closing time, you may find big bargains on the fresh stock. There are some well-known tourists’ attractions lie within the surrounding areas that include Rose Center, Butterfly Garden, and Ee Feng Gu.
Popular Products in Kea Farm
1. Strawberry – Priced at RM10 per box and each box got like 20-25 pieces (depending on size), very fragrant, sweet and a mild hint of sour, super worth it!
2. Corn – It’s like RM2 each stick and you can get even cheaper if you buy few bags of it, can store for a few days under normal room temperature.
3. Asparagus – RM5 each packet and always guarantee is young and crispy, less hassle as you don’t need to spend time to choose.
4. Avocado – RM3 each very fragrant and meaty won’t lose to those Aussies type, highly recommend if you love to eat avocado.
5. Flowers – RM10 per bouquet (5 stick) and can mix & match based on your own likings, here’s the cheap romance that you can get in Cameron Highland!